Thursday, March 17, 2022

Ai Lighthouse

Hello Ai Watercolour fans!

I've once again enjoyed painting with the 5466 - Lighthouse Set:

I chose one of the larger images in this set, and paired it with a large cliff from 5465 - Cliffs Set.  I began by colouring the cliff in #565/#969 and stamping it on my Canson XL Watercolor Paper.  I used my stamp positioner to place the lighthouse where I wanted it, using the same colours.  Because the cliff was not quite large enough for how I wanted my scene to look, I used one of the rock images from 5415 - WC Large Rocks set, colouring half of it, and stamping it in the lower right corner - it perfectly extended my cliff, and I drew in the top edge with a pencil.  I pulled out all of the colour from the stamped lines with a damp brush, then layered in shades of #N55/#969/#565 to create the browns, greys and shadows of the cliff.  I painted shades of #526 mixed with #565 to create the water and sky, adding a few grey cloudy areas.  #569 was painted in stripes on the lighthouse, and #837 added in the bright red roofs and accents.  I painted #N55 to the lower edges of the stones around the base of the lighthouse, keeping the tops white to suggest the round shape of the stones.  #177 was dabbed on to create a treed backdrop, and as a wash for the grass.  The seagulls from 5473 - Seagull Set were stamped in #N55.  I die cut my scene using the 5063 - A2 Double Stitched Rectangle Dies.

Be sure to check out the Art Impressions blog on Saturday to see what Dot & Tricia have created.  Happy painting!

1 comment:

Allie said...

The stones on the lighthouse are my favourite! Beautiful :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails