Thursday, March 31, 2022

Ai Bunnies!

 With the month of April upon us, I had to paint something pretty & spring-like for Art Impressions' Watercolour Weekend, so I've pulled out nine different stamp sets to put my scene together:

I began by colouring the boots from 5194 - WC Shoe Set in #N55 Tombow Dual Brush Marker, leaving the top edge uncoloured.  Using my stamp positioner, I added the bunny from 5425 - WC Peeking Animals, the pail from WC Containers and the sitting bunny from 4874 - WC Bunnies Set, all in #N55.  I painted in colour on all of them, adding #533 and #565 to the boots, N55 to the bunnies, and #N55/451 to the pail.  For the bouquet, I used the pinecone from 5472 - WC Christmas Wreath Set, adding #993 to the center, and #725 around it, to create the roses (be sure to not colour the entire pinecone!).  As a filler flower, I used the tiny blooms from 4868 - WC Flower Set 2 stamped in #606, and the tiny leaves in 4867 - WC Foliage Set 2 in #177 as the greenery.  After masking the boots & bunny, I stamped the two grasses from 5007 - WC Foliage Set 3 in #177, and used it as a wash on the ground.  The two carnation stems in 5475 - WC Flower Set 6 were coloured with #993/126, and added to the pail and on the ground.  To finish, I added some #526 to the sky, and die cut my scene with 5063 - Stitched Rectangle Die.

Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Dot & Tricia have to share.




3 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

So fantastic! I love your scene and it's perfectly colored as always!

Allie said...

Your bucket bouquet is stunning! Such a sweet spring scene :)

Unknown said...

Hello Karen
Your paintings are lovely 😍 I lov the soft colors mine tend to be soft too 💗 I really enjoy all your paintings 🥰

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails