Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Wooden Gate Watercolour

 I'm starting my 2017 Art Impressions posts with some watercolours!  For the last couple of years, my New Year's Crafting resolution has been to watercolour more - and I've actually stuck to it!  I own quite a few of the Ai Watercolour sets, and really love pulling them out and painting all afternoon...  Here are a couple of creations that I made using one of the Watercolor Minis: Wooden Gate (Sku # 4762):
 I used an assortment of Tombow & Marvy markers by colouring directly onto my stamps, and then softened the lines with a damp paintbrush.  I used my Gansai Tambei watercolour palette to add a bit of a wash to the sky & background.  Here's a lavender version:
 I added in a couple of stamps from the W/C Foliage Set 1 (Sku #4051) and the small flowers from W/C Flower Set (Sku #4052) to finish my picture off.  You can find all of the Ai watercolor sets here.  Happy painting!


2 comments:

Allie said...

I really love your lavender card and the pretty stitching on the sides. Nice work!

Marlene Bonetti said...

Oh Karen, what wonderful cards! I love all the Details. Perfect.
Best wishes, Marlene

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails