Thursday, January 19, 2017

Spring Colours Challenge & new Art Impressions!

It's my day to do a feature on the Art Impressions blog, and Ai is launching their new 2017 Easter & Valentines sets:
I am so excited to share the brand new Easter Blessings set (Sku #4886) with you today!  I've been itching to do a pop-up card for a while now, and this seemed to be the perfect stamp set!  

 I used this double sided patterned paper from Doodlebug Designs as my card base - the colours inspired me, and it helped to keep my layers to a minimum, and not make the card too bulky.  Here's the inside:

 I started by cutting an oval shape from some teal cardstock.  I scored it in half, then cut the tall skinny flap to glue the bunny to, and the two narrow flaps which will hold up the fence:
The clouds were really fading into the background, so I added some lime circles behind them which ended up really pulling the colour combo together!

 Here you can see the depth of the pop-ups a bit better:
 Celebrate Spring comes with four main images, and the two sentiments I've used on my card - perfect to use for Easter or just a spring greeting card.  There are two new stamp sets releasing today on the Art Impressions website, check them out!
The new challenge on the Ai blog is Spring Fling!  We want to see your creations with Spring colours:

Happy stamping!!


5 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Karen this is such a fun project.
This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Cheri Burry said...

Karen this is so cool! Love the scene you made and putting the lime circles behind the clouds really made them pop!

Allie said...

Beautiful spring card! I like your little cloud dies :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Karen, your attention to detail just blows me away! LOVE how you've created this adorable card!! Gorgeous coloring and design!!

Myra W said...

Very cute! And happy to see spring!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails