Saturday, January 21, 2017

Inspired By All The Little Things #40

I am the hostess over on the Inspired By All The Little Things challenge blog today, with my talented friend Donna Rudy as my guest designer.  Here is the inspiration photo that Donna picked to work with this week:
I was lucky enough to receive the newest Close To My Heart Cricut cartridge 'Flower Market' as a gift from my niece & sister this fall, and knew that there was a chrysanthemum diecut image on it.  I wasn't sure exactly how I'd use it, but ended up pulling out some distress inks, and used the negative from the die cut as a stencil.  I sponged a soft background, and added the pale pink diecut flower on top.  A little machine stitching and a sentiment from Verve finished it off:

Check out what Donna and the design team have to share with us this week over on the Inspired By blog, and be sure to link up your own creation!

8 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Karen, this is so beautiful! You really captured the softness of the photo in your background shading!

Donna Rudy said...

Karen this is stunning!! I absolutely love it! And yes, a date at DQ is a must! :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Love your pretty take on this weeks inspiration!

KimCreate said...

Very pretty die cur flower! Love how you colored it!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty! I love your ink blending!

Allie said...

Wow that is gorgeous! I love the beautiful flower - great job with this card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful! Love the big die cut and great use of distress ink!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty, Karen!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails