Thursday, July 25, 2024

Poinsettia Spray

I'm in Christmas card mode!  This is the beautiful Poinsettia Spray etched die from Spellbinders - and I am making cards that will be on display at the Papercrafter's Workshop.

I'm using a colour combo inspired by Yana Smakula, who often does a teal base, with darkened edges.  So after starting with the teal cardstock, I die cut the poinsettias out of a lighter shade, then used Mermaid Lagoon ink to darken their centers.  
The branch was cut in a deeper teal, and I left a sliver of it showing when I glued on my holly leaves, which gives them a bit of a shadow effect.  I used metallic gold cardstock for the flower centers, that are accented by the gold pearls and gold glitter embossing powder used on the sentiment.  The white flower centers and sentiment strip are navy cardstock, and the edge of the base was inked with Pinkfresh Studio's Stargazer ink.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails