Sunday, October 1, 2023

Boo Y'all!

 I have a fun Halloween card on the Art Impressions blog today, using a mix of old & new products:

I stamped the house from 5602 - Spooky House & Post Set and 5778 - FB Frog Costume onto Canson XL Watercolour Paper using Tombow #969/565.  I used one of the Ai Nested Circle dies to draw in the moon behind the house, and then started painting!  For the house, I've used #676 & 606, with 346 for the shutters, and N55 for the grey bits, adding several layers where it needed to be darker.  Using the marker directly on the paper, I added the glowing window panes with #991.  I also used /3991 for the moon, washing it out towards the center, and adding an extra layer of colour around the rim to make it darker.

The grass and frog costume were painted in #126, with #158 added to make some areas darker, and #346 was used for his shoes.  #850 became his skintone, with rosy cheeks added with Copic marker.  The frog comes with coordinating dies, so I was able to quickly cut him out.  *Since he is a Front & Back stamp, I had painted up the back image as well, and intended to have the grassy bank on a hinge that would open up to reveal the sentiment, but I ended up just using the front.  The pumpkin was started with #933, and layers of 905 and 969 were added to the underside to create deeper tones.  I used a Black Twintone marker to darken the pumpkin face, and all the details on the frog costume as well.  A wash of #526 was painted in as the sky, with darker layers of colour farther away from the moon.

To assemble my card, I used the purple starry sky paper from the new 5849 - Halloween S2 Paper Pack as the base.  I die cut my scene with a 5063 Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Die, then I created another grassy bank that I die cut and adhered to the base with 3D Foam Adhesive to have it stand out.  I cut out the 3 bats from the new 5769 - Halloween FB Fence Set and two pieces from the 4967 - WC Fence Dies in black cardstock.  The fence was glued onto the grassy bank, and the bats were adhered to the sky, some with 3D foam.  My Trick-or-Treater was glued onto the foreground, with some foam adhesive under his head.  The sentiment is from 5603 - Halloween Sentiments Set, stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails