Thursday, February 2, 2023

Little Truck

 I am using the 5576 - Little Trucks Set from the Art Impressions Watercolour Journal line today:

I coloured the truck with my #969/565 Tombow Dual Brush Markers, and stamped it onto my Canson XL Watercolour paper.  After softening the lines with a damp brush, I painted in layers of #526 until I got the blue colour that I wanted, making sure to leave highlight areas where the rounded areas would pick up the light.  I used #N55 to paint in the tires, and add grey touches to the metal details.  Using the grey, I painted in the suggestion of a person sitting in the cab, then added a few dabs of colour as reflections on the truck.  I used the tiny flower and foliage images from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set in #993/856/569/126 to create my flowers, and after touching them with my brush, I added #177 in, directly on the paper.  #565 was painted as a wash for the sky, and used to add shadows under and around the truck.  I added the suggestion of a dirt road with #947, and added a little strip of grass.  The sentiment is from 5136 - WC Sentiment Set 2.

Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Diane & Tricia have to share.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails