Thursday, November 3, 2022

November WC Weekend

I am happy to be breaking out one of the new Harvest Journal stamp sets today from Art Impressions - here is 5593 - Harvest Scenes:

I coloured my scene with Tombows #969/565 and stamped it onto my Canson XL Watercolour Paper, then pulled out the colour with a damp brush.  I added in the little mouse from 5599 - Mini Mice & Squirrel Set using my stamp positioner.  

I wanted to fill my containers before I started painting, so I stamped two images from 5475 - WC Flower Set 6 several times in the milk jug, masking the chair/jug - using #565/177.  In the wooden basket, I used the circular flower image from 4868 - WC Flower Set 2 in #993, and tucked in some greenery around them using the trailing greenery from 5126 - WC Foliage Set 4, in #158/098.  Picking up colour from my palette, I added #407 to the chair, #977/969 to the basket, #743 to the milk jug and #N65 to both the mouse and watering can.  For the green pumpkin, I added a base layer of #990 to make it a creamy colour, then used a dabbing motion to add #158 in mottled streaks.  To the orange pumpkin, I started with #993, adding several layers, then #933 and #969 for some shading.  Tones of several greens were added to the stems.  The robins got red tummies of #743, and layers of #977 for their feathers.  #565 was painted under the chair to add a shadow, and used to give shading in and around all of the images.  I like to add a few reflection colours to metallic surfaces like the watering can, so dabbed on a little blue and red to pick up the shades from my scene.

I matted the image with some brown cardstock, then mounted it on some of the pretty papers in the 5606 - Harvest Journal Paper Pack.  I used a sentiment from 5600 - Harvest Sentiments Set, and die cut it with one of the dies from the 5543 - Journal Template Die Set, and adhered it with 3D foam adhesive.  Be sure to visit the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Tricia & Dot have to share!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails