Thursday, November 17, 2022

Christmas Snowmen Set

I have a Christmas card to share today using the 5571 - Christmas Snowmen Set from the Watercolor Journal line.

I coloured my snowman in #969/565, and stamped onto the smooth side of some Ranger Watercolor Paper.  I masked him off, then coloured up the log from 5055 - WC Sitting Places Set, and stamped him on either side, creating a much longer looking log than the actual stamp size.  I pulled out the colour and softened the lines with a damp paintbrush, and began adding colour.  #969 and 565 were painted in streaks on the log.  #126 was painted on the vest and hat band, #407 was used on the scarf, and layers of #N45 were added to the hat.  I left a little space on the hat to add the sprig from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set, and used #847 to add the berries.  #847 was also used to create a cardinal, and I changed his head to create the distinctive feather shape.  With my mask again in place, I stamped the branch from 5126 - WC Foliage Set 4 in #969/249 several times to create the shrubbery.  And finally with a wash of #565 - I painted in the sky, and used it to create shadows on the snowman and around the log.  White paint was used to add the falling snow, and to add a few snowdrifts on the log and shrubs.  After die cutting and matting my image, I added a bright bow, some pretty patterned paper, and a sentiment from 5566 - Christmas Sentiments Set.

Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Tricia & Dot have to share!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails