Thursday, September 29, 2022

Frameworks Wreath

 I have a fall image today using a non-traditional colour scheme for the upcoming Watercolour Weekend post on the Art Impressions blog.  I practised on scrap paper first, to make sure that the foliage I chose worked, and to determine the placement of each element.

I began with the two pumpkins from 5426 WC Veggies, stamping them in N45 for a lighter image, masking the one in front before stamping the one behind.  I began my floral spray from the bottom up, and coloured the two vines from 5476 - WC Foliage Set 5 in both #533 and #158, for a two-toned look.  I stamped the tiny heart flowers from 4868 - WC Flower Set 2 in #772 repeatedly to create the pink flowers, then added the roses from #5258 - WC Flower Set 4 in #533/565.  With the wheat stamp from 5008 - WC Flower Set 3, I stamped it multiple times in #991, added the leafy branch from 5126 - WC Foliage Set 4 in #158, and the spiky flower from 5258 - WC Flower Set 4 in #772.  I used a damp brush to gently dab the images, and painted a pale wash of #533 around them.  The pumpkins were painted in with #312/992/772 and their stems with #098.  


To finish off, I added the twigs from 4964 - WC Branches Set in N55, and then used my positioner to place the frame from 5420 - Frameworks Set 1, being sure to mask off the floral scene so that just the top of it showed - using #N55.  I added a few dots to the background, then die cut it with 5061 - Square Double Stitched Dies, and mounted it with 3D foam tape onto the background.  Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Tricia & Dot have to share.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails