Thursday, September 15, 2022

Stone Bridge Simple Scene

It's the Watercolour Weekend coming up on the Ai blog this Saturday!

I am using the new: 5577 - Stone Bridge Simple Scene to make a fall painting today. 

I coloured the entire scene with Tombow # N65 for a lighter outline, and stamped my cabin from 5262 WC Mini Cabins Set with the help of my positioner.  I painted washes of #158 and #946 on all the hillsides, and added shades of #977, 992 and 565 to the sandy banks.  The stream was done with layers of #493.  I mixed #856 with a little brown to make a duller red shade for the cabin, and did tones of #N65 to paint the chimney and the stone bridge, Using the 5372 - WC Mini Foliage set, I added fall trees around the cabin using #879 and #946, then with #158, I used the background line of trees image to add greenery on the hillsides.  The positioner helped to place the fence from 5371 - WC Barn Set perfectly behind the cabin.  To place some foliage in the foreground, I used flowers from 5475 - WC Flower Set 6 in #158/565 with grasses from 5007 - WC Foliage Set 3.  To balance out the deep blue, I used #565 with the tiny flowers in 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set to place flowers around the cabin, and along the bank of the stream.  #526 was painted in as the sky, and I die cut out the entire scene with my 5061 - Square Double Stitched Die.  After matting and adhering it to my background, I added a sentiment that was stamped on one of the 5133 Flag Double Stitched dies. 

Be sure to check out the Art Impressions blog this Saturday to see what Dot & Tricia have created.


1 comment:

Allie said...

What a pretty scene! Loving the little stone details on the bridge and chimney :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails