Thursday, August 4, 2022

Southwestern Village

 Hello Ai Watercolour fans!

I am sharing one of the newer released images from Art Impressions today, that will be on the Ai blog for the Watercolour Weekend this Saturday.  Here is my take on 5520 - WC SW Village:

I stamped one of the images in the set on my Canson XL Watercolour paper, using #992, as I wanted a lighter image.  With my stamp positioner, I added in the two mesa images from 5198 - WC Mountain Set, making the smaller one appear as though it was farther away.  The cactus from 5196 - WC Desert Set was added to appear closer to the viewer, along with rocks from 5415 - WC Large Rocks Set.  I used these colours from my palette to paint the buildings:  912, 993,761, 885, 991, 969.  The cactus was painted with #228, #177 and #173.  Layers of warm browns including #947 were painted on the mesas along with #565 as shadows.  I used my #228 marker directly on the paper to add in some foliage, and I used my Navy Twintone marker to darken all the windows.  #493 was painted in as the sky, and washes of brown were added to the ground.  After mounting the image on brown cardstock, I spattered metallic gold paint on the edges of the card, and popped up the image with 3D adhesive.

Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Dot & Tricia have to share.  Happy painting!




1 comment:

Allie said...

Such a cute desert scene you have created!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails