Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Pamper Your-Shelf

 I am doing a guest post on the Art Impressions blog today!  I am a long-time Try-fold fan, and the mini ones are especially fun to do.  I work in a library, so made this for a coworker!  Here is 4853 - Pamper Your-Shelf MTF:

The Try-folds come with wonderfully clear directions - so I followed the cutting & stamping guides to stamp each of the 3 images on my cream cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and coloured them all with my Copic markers.  I wanted the shelves to look like wood, so I used streaks of colour in various shades of brown.
There are two small dies in the set that are easy to fit over the stamped images, and they create the little windows that allow you to see through the flaps to the cute little mouse image on the inside of the card.
Since Copic markers can either bleed or show through to the back side of your cardstock, I cut out pieces of patterned paper to fit the inside of each flap, using the die to cut through that layer as well.  It makes for a prettier card, and gives a clean, finished look to your project.  There are two sentiments in the set, so I matted one for the inside of my card.
I adhered a piece of ribbon to the back side of the try-folded cream panel before attaching it to my single background sheet, so that when the card is folded up, I can tie a neat bow to hold it together.  The finished card size is just under 5" square.  You can find all the Mini Try-Folds on the Ai website here!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails