Thursday, November 18, 2021

New Nautical Art Impressions

 It's our last week of new releases of Art Impressions Watercolour stamps.  I have three of the new sets incorporated into my project today.

I stamped the largest image from 5465 - WC Cliffs Set on my Canson XL Watercolor Paper using #969/565 Tombow Dual Brush Markers, then did the same with my image from 5466 - WC Lighthouse Set.  Using the leaves from 5372 - WC Mini Foliage, I added some trees in #177/249, and added a wash of green to the grass area.  With #493, I painted in the line of the water, and a wash of it beside the cliffs, and then dabbed some onto the sky to define where my clouds would be.  I used #N55 and #565 to create my stormy sky, and also painted them into the crevices of the cliff.  To warm up the cliffs and rocks, I added #992 and #969.  I used the grey and blue to paint in shadows on the lighthouse and cottage, and to darken the windows, and then painted in #856 mixed with a little #969 to make a duller red for the roofs and chimneys.
I added #528 and #565 to the water to give it some deeper tones, and then with my #N55, I added the seagulls from 5473 - WC Seagull Set to the sky.  This makes a great masculine card!

2 comments:

Tee said...

This is such a serene scene! Really Beautiful!

Allie said...

This scene is so beautiful! I love this set!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails