Thursday, September 30, 2021

A Fall Arbour

It's time for the Watercolour Weekend on the Art Impressions blog.  I did a little masking this week using 5363 - WC Arbor Set:

I started stamping in the foreground and worked backwards, masking each item as I went along.  The fox from 5016 - WC Mini Critter Set was colored in #947 Burnt Sienna, as were the two pumpkins from 5059 - WC Harvest Set.  I cut my arbor out of masking paper, and pressed it firmly onto my watercolor paper (you don't want paint to seep underneath!).  I used the Daisy Bunch from Flower Set - 4052 in #933 Orange to add my bright flowers to the arbor, then added all of my greenery from 5126 - WC Foliage Set 4: the long branch in #076 Green Ochre/346 Sea Green, the vines in #177 and #346, and the grasses in #076.

I softened everything with a damp brush, then picked up #933 and #947 from my palette to paint several layers of colour on the pumpkins and fox.  With #177, I added in the green hillside and painted my grass, then with the bullet tip, I used my #533 Peacock Blue marker to sketch in the mountains, and to outline the arbor after I removed the mask, which gave the suggestion of shadows.  I used #N65 Cool Grey 5 to paint in some clouds, and added the sky around them in #526 True Blue, leaving some cloudy white areas.  I added a few shadows around my images with #565 Deep Blue, and stamped the sentiment from the Exclusive Daisy set before die cutting my image with the A2 Stitched Rectangle die.  Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Dot & Tricia have to share.

I am entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails