Thursday, February 4, 2021

A Watercolour Valentine

For the upcoming Watercolour Weekend on the Art Impressions blog, I'm sharing a quick Valentine idea using the wonderful 5072 Block Letters Die Set and a little watercolor wreath to spell out "I (heart) you"! 

I actually started out by creating my ink blended background panel, which established my colour palette - Distress Oxide Ink colours are listed below! 

I chose similar colours of Tombow Dual Brush Markers, and started making my focal panel by sketching a heart shape on my Canson XL Watercolor paper.  I stamped little clusters of flowers and greenery using the following: From 5074 - Bible Flower Set, the Daisy cluster in #606 Violet; the tiny dot flowers in #565 Deep Blue; and the Tiny greenery in #177 Dark Jade and from 4868 - WC Flower Set 2, I used the little heart flowers in #743 Hot Pink. I touched everything with a damp brush - but kept the images fairly intact without spreading the ink around.  I lined up the I and U from the die set, and ran it through my machine to cut out the letters.  

I took both of my panels and cut them out with the 5063 - A2 Rectangle Double Stitched Dies which finished the edges nicely.  Both panels were mounted onto a matte silver cardstock, and I had to cut the middle of it out under the letters to have the background show through.  I tied some blue organdy ribbon around my base, and added a bow before adhering my image down with 3D adhesive tape.  A few sequins finished it off.



1 comment:

Allie said...

Such a pretty idea. Love your background!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails