Thursday, May 14, 2020

Exclusive Rose Set for Watercolor Weekend

 For the upcoming Watercolour Weekend on the Art Impressions blog, I have coloured up the pretty rose bouquet image from the Exclusive Rose Set available at Scrapbook.com:
I used one of the Double Stitched A2 Rectangle dies to cut my Canson XL Watercolor paper, and put it into my Misti along with the image that I chose.  This allowed me to colour it in stages, using multiple colours and restamping when needed.  I used my Tombow Dual Brush Marker #725 Rhodamine Red to colour the buds and the outer petals of the roses, then switched to #993 Chrome Orange for the rose centers.  I softened the lines with a damp #1 paintbrush, then scribbled them both onto my palette and painted in the pink and orange tones, concentrating them in the crevices between petals.  I did a similar process for the leaves, stamping them first in #177 Dark Jade, pulling out the colour with my damp brush - and then restamping after colouring the veins and stems with #249 Hunter Green.  I picked up #126 Light Olive from my palette, added touches of this brighter green to the leaves, and added some #992 Sand to the woody stems.  
To finish the painting, I picked up #565 Deep Blue, and painted it as my background, concentrating it more, closer to the image.  The sentiment is from the Exclusive Daisy Set, stamped in Onyx Black Versafine ink.  After matting the image with a 1/16" black mat, I attached it to my base with 3D adhesive, then added a sprinkling of tiny white pearls.

2 comments:

Dot J Freel said...

Beautiful! Those colored roses are my most favorite!

Allie said...

Your colouring is so soft and beautiful and then I love how you paired it with such a bright card base!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails