Thursday, April 16, 2020

Ink Blending for Watercolor Weekend

 Hello Ai fans!  I have another card to share for this week's Watercolor Weekend on the Art Impressions blog, using 5270 - Columns Set, with minimal stamping, but lots of ink blending:
I wanted to use the lamp post image, and create a night scene, so pulled out my Distress Oxide inks, and blending brushes.  I put some tiny pencil markers on my cardstock indicating where the post would be, so that I knew where the yellow glow would be centered, and set to work blending.  Starting with Wild Honey, then Picked Raspberry and finally Blueprint Sketch.  I used some Faded Jeans around the edges of my panel, and masked off the bottom section to use it to create the ground.

Using my Versafine Onyx Black ink, I stamped the lamp post, and positioned my sentiment from 5066 - Light to my Path Set beside it.  I used my N25 Lamp Black and N55 Cool Grey 7 Tombow Dual Brush markers directly onto my cardstock, adding in the shadows on the lamp post.  After die cutting the panel, I adhered it to my black card base with 3D adhesive tape.
Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday, to see what Dot & Tricia have to share!


4 comments:

rmplant said...

Very nice. Love the blending technique

Dot J Freel said...

Beautiful blending and I love your lamp post!

Tricia OBin said...

What a great card!

Allie said...

Your ink blending is so pretty and calming in this card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails