Monday, February 25, 2019

Whimsical Ai Watercolours

I really love the direction that Bonnie Krebs is going with her Watercolour Stamp line for Art Impressions.  When she first introduced the Fairy Doors and Hobbit Door sets, it really sparked something in me creative-wise, and her newest WC Elves Set is no exception:
 I was going to try doing these just using Sepia, for a monochromatic effect, but a few weeks ago I tried a scene using mostly Sepia & African Violet... and really loved the look.  In addition to Sepia, there is a brown tone here, but you get the idea.  The limited palette was wonderful to work with.
 On this card, I drew in my own version of the Fairy Doors (mainly so that I didn't have to mask!), and added in the stepping stones from the Cobblestone Set.  I worked really hard on my shadows in this one, and trying to achieve more of a depth of colour.  Stay tuned, as I hope to do a few more scenes around this theme.
If you are in Canada, you can order the Art Impressions Watercolour stamp line from The Crafter's Workshop... AND if you're in the Greater Toronto Area, you can join us this Saturday, March 2nd at The Crafter's Workshop for an "Open Studio" day - come and bring your own projects and supplies, whether it's watercolours or Copics to colour, I will be there working on my own creations, but will be happy to demo or help anyone who wants it.  Sheri & Alexis will be on hand for colouring tips and inspiration as well - sign up is here to reserve your table space.  Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Karen, these are so gorgeous!! Beautiful work!!

Allie said...

Both of these cards are so great! Beautiful job and love the colour palate too :)

Tricia OBin said...

Karen, love the colors. Excited to work with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails