Saturday, November 19, 2016

Inspired By All The Little Things #33

It's my week as hostess on the Inspired By All The Little Things blog, and I adore bottle brush trees for the holidays, so I couldn't resist choosing them for my inspiration photo this week!
 I wanted to do a little watercolouring this week...  I started out by white embossing some tree images that I have, and painted over them, but the effect wasn't what I wanted.  So - I tried again with a snowman image from Art Impressions, sticking with the watercolours, using all the pinks and greens in the photo.  I used some masking fluid to create the falling snow, and used a combo of Distress inks and Tombow markers mixed with water to make my scene.  I still need a fair bit of practice with my paintbrush, but overall I'm fairly happy with how he turned out!
 My guest this week is the very talented Myra Webb - head on over to the Inspired By blog to see what she & our fabulous Design Team have come up with.  Hope you'll play along!

4 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

What a sweet image! I love the coloring and the little snowflake embellishments!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a sweet snowman image! Love the emboss resist watercoloring!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet take on the inspiration photo, Karen!

Sheri Gilson said...

What a sweet snowman! Love the watercoloring!




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails