Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Art Impressions Christmas

 I have a few Art Impressions cards featuring the newly released Tropical Christmas (Sku #4788), Southwest Christmas (Sku #4787) and one using Merriest Christmas (Sku #4790) to share today.  Now being from Canada (a.k.a. The Great White North...) a Tropical Christmas is a little out of my frame of reference.  But one look at Surfer Santa and that cute little crab, and the ideas started to come together:
 Since I knew he needed to be on the sand, I kept the card itself pretty simple, I drew my own beach, and coloured it with Copic markers, then coloured both the crab and the palm tree, and fussy cut them before adding them to my scene.  I opted for just mounting them on a tropical blue cardstock that would act like the sky.
Tropical Santa and the Cacti from the Southwestern Christmas set were simply fun to colour - especially with the bright, acid greens!

And finally, a more classic holiday card using Traditional Christmas... I used a white base, which is something that I don't often do, and paired the red up with navy as the accent colour to frame everything:
I hope you're having as much fun making your Christmas cards this year as I am!  You can find all of these clear acrylic sets in the Ai store, here.  Happy stamping!


2 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

Wow you have been super busy colouring all these images! Love them all!

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW! These are super duper cute, Karen! You have mad coloring skills!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails