Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Layered Leaf Prints

I have two Night Sky Silhouette cards today, featuring the August Betterpress Society press plates from Spellbinders - "Layered Leaf Prints".  This is such an amazing set of plates!  You'll see quite a few projects from me over the next few weeks.

I starting by choosing a few different ink blends from my Pinterest boards, wanting to create some interesting night skies.  The first features Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans, Seedless Preserves and Black Soot, blended onto Neenah Classic Crest paper in Solar White.

The next blend is Antique Linen, Evergreen Bough and Black Soot.  I know - it seems like a bit of an odd combo.  After this photo was taken, I added a little Tattered Rose to the very bottom, which gave it just a slightly blush hue, which you'll see in the other photos.

I let my panels sit for a bit, to let the inks settle, then spattered them with water, and after that dried, with white paint for a bit of a celestial look.

I rely heavily on the grid on the chase to ensure that the plates are positioned how I want them, and I stop to check after each press, to see that things line up.  Before I remove the previous plate, I like to place the next one - which is especially important for sentiment placement.  I used the Betterpress black ink (such a great true black!) for the leaves and sentiment.


So many possibilities with this set!  Depending on who I'm sending these to, I may add some black gems, but not everyone goes for sparkle, so I'll wait to see.


You can get a Betterpress Society subscription by contacting the Papercrafter's Workshop!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails