Saturday, February 24, 2024

Spellbinders Cardmaking Star

I am entering the Spellbinders Cardmaking Star competition with this card using the Cosmos Backdrop press plate, that I've watercoloured using Distress Inks.

My image was pressed onto Canson XL Watercolor paper, using Betterpress Black Ink, and my Spellbinders Betterpress system.  I painted it in by smooshing my Tim Holtz Distress Ink cubes onto my palette, and picking up colour with a paintbrush to add to my image.

After using my powder tool, I used Versamark Watermark ink with the It's Your Day Sentiment Strips to impress some black cardstock with all the great sentiments that come on this plate!  I sprinkled the impressions with white embossing powder and heated them all with my heat gun, before using the coordinating die to cut them out.

I matted the image with black cardstock, and adhered it down to my periwinkle blue cardbase.  The sentiment is attached with 3D foam adhesive, and a few black gems were placed around it.

I'm really loving my Betterpress!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails