Friday, January 12, 2024

Ai Monthly Challenge

Did you know that Art Impressions has started a monthly challenge on the Ai blog?  They're going to be a little different each month, but January's is a colour challenge!  It's a lovely pastel-ly feeling colour palette (scroll down to see the inspiration photo), so I pulled out four of my Tombow markers and created a quick scene.

Using #N57, I coloured up one of the cats from 4873 - WC Cats Set, and stamped it onto my Canson XL Watercolour Paper.  I masked the kitty, and stamped the plant stand from 5568 - Rocker & Plant Stand Set, also coloured in N57.  I pulled out all the colour with a damp brush, then created my bouquets - using the circle of flowers from 4868 - WC Flower Set 2 in #673, the dot flowers from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set in #761, and the small foliage in #312.  I wanted a little height in the top bouquet, so added the grasses from 5126 - WC Foliage Set 4 in #312.  I painted in the kitty & stand by picking up N57 from my palette, and used #491 for the pots.  A wash of #493 was painted in the background, and I used #565 to add shading in and around all of my images.

I die cut the scene with my Oval Hemstitched die from Spellbinders, and adhered it to my base with some 3D foam tape, and matted it with a pale grey.  A pink organdy bow finished it off.  Hope you'll have time to play along, there are always great prizes to be won!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails