Thursday, January 5, 2023

Critter Pots

We'll be kicking off the 2023 Watercolour Weekends on the Art Impressions blog this Saturday!
I've painted a bright and fun scene today using 5519 - WC Mini Critter Pots.

I placed the snail, owl & puppy onto one clear block, which allowed me to place them exactly where I wanted them, and I could ensure they were straight as this is a clear set.  I inked them all up in #565/969, and stamped onto my Canson XL Watercolour Paper.  With a pencil, I sketched in the plant stands.  I used #569 to paint the owl, #346 for the snail, and #N55 for the puppy.  With these colours: #565/757/993/346/126 I created the flowers and foliage using these stamp sets: 5008/4052/4868/5009/5126/4964.  After softening the images with a damp brush, I used #N52 to paint in the background, and went in with #565 to add shadows under and on the images.  I used my black Twintone marker to add the dots around the flowers, and to darken the eyes of each critter.  I die cut the image and adhered it to my base with some 3D foam adhesive.
Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Tricia, and our new Design Team member, Diane have to share!  Now... before I finish up - I'd like to share my second card that I made for the Watercolour Weekend post.  I intended to post both versions to show how you can do just half of the images to make a second card.  I ended up finding the oval image WAY too busy, and prefer the slightly less crazy rectangular image.  But in the end, I've decided to post both of them here on my blog, as they both turned out to be really pretty - is the oval one busy?  Absolutely!  But I like it anyway :-)






1 comment:

Allie said...

Very cute :). Always love your arrangements in the pots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails