Thursday, August 5, 2021

How Lovely

 Time for another Watercolour Weekend with Art Impressions.
I am using three of the new Bible Journaling stamp sets in today's card!
I began by planning out my image.  The clear stamps make it so easy to place the stamp sets overtop of each other, and I could easily choose which sentiment would fit inside the different frames.  I stamped everything out on scrap paper to make sure that I had my foliage placed correctly, and that my colours worked well together.  I added a light wash of #346 to the upper right and lower left areas of the image, and then coloured the larger oval from 5420 - Frameworks Set 1 in #N55 Cool Grey 7, leaving the bottom area uncoloured where my foliage would be, and stamped it on a slight angle.  With Versafine Onyx Black Ink, I stamped my sentiment from 5417 - Frameworks Sentiments Set.  With four stamps from 5418 - Bible Foliage Set 2, I stamped them in #126 Light Olive, #249 Hunter Green and #346 Sea Green, leaving an open area for the flowers.  Using Flower Set - 4052, I stamped the Leaves image in #533 Peacock Blue several times, and then used the Mini Foxglove in #565 Deep Blue to create the trailing flowers at the bottom.  To finish off, I used the trio of roses from 5258 - WC Flower Set 4 in #676 Royal Purple.
I touched everything with a damp brush, but was careful not to lose any of the definition of the images.  I used the 5134 - Banner Double Stitched Dies to cut out my shape, and glued it down to my base.  With my sewing machine, I added a wide row of zigzag stitching across the top in the same colour of thread as the roses.  A few enamel dots finished off my card.  Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Dot & Tricia have to share!


1 comment:

Allie said...

You are so good at putting these foliage sprays together - beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails