Friday, October 2, 2020

Fall Scene for Watercolor Weekend

 I loved putting another fall scene together this week's Watercolor Weekend post on the Art Impressions blog, using a few sets that have been around a while:

I coloured up my puppy from 4959 - WC Dogs Set with my Tombow Dual Brush Marker in #969 Chocolate, and stamped him onto a large piece of Canson XL Watercolor Paper.  After masking him, I coloured up the 2 pumpkins from 5059 - WC Harvest Set with #565 Deep Blue, stamped it off on scrap paper, then coloured overtop with #969 before stamping them onto my scene.  With masks still in place, I inked up the milk can from 4701 - Clay Pot in 565/969 and stamped it with the help of my stamp positioner.  Using a damp #4 paintbrush, I pulled the colour out of the images, and softened the lines.  I used many layers of #969 to add colour to the pup, concentrating it where the darker shadows would be, and used the same technique on my pumpkins with #228 Gray Green, and #991 Light Ochre.

To create my bouquet, I used the Leaves image from Flower Set - 4052 in #991 stamping it repeatedly to give me the yellow flower base, then with the Salvia image in #992 Sand, I added in the tallest blooms, and tucked a few behind my orange pumpkin.  With the Mini Foxglove, coloured in #533 Peacock Blue, I stamped it in lines to create the trailing blue flowers.  I used my #228 marker to draw in the grass, and coloured it onto one of the flowers from 4963 - WC Fall Set as the green flowers.  My last addition was the large twig image from 4701 - Clay Pot, coloured and stamped in #969.

I painted in #565 as the sky colour, and added touches of 228/565/969 to the can, and added some 991 directly to the pumpkin as I wanted it to have some darker orange tones on the underside of it - then added a little to the puppy's coat as well.  I used all of my colours to paint a multi-coloured edge to my scene, and then die cut it with two different rectangle dies which served to create a frame.  I adhered the center piece with 3D adhesive to have it stand out a little from my slate blue cardstock base.




3 comments:

Allie said...

What a sweet scene you created, Auntie Karen! Beautiful card :)

Dot J Freel said...

So beautiful. I just love the colors you use and the design is perfect.

Brenda said...

Beautiful! Love your work! Any tips for water coloring?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails