Thursday, October 29, 2020

Merry Slimline card

 This slimline design using my 1 1/2" Alphabet Die set from Art Impressions, was totally inspired by one that Jennifer McGuire made a few weeks ago... and was fun to make:

The finished card measures 8 1/2" x 3 1/2", and I scored my 8 1/2" x 7" base cardstock 1 3/4" in from each side, so that they meet in the middle.  
I chose some Doodlebug Designs paper from a few years ago, cut it to 8 1/2" x 3 1/2", and then cut it in half lengthwise before adhering it to the two flaps of the base.  I used my Studio Katia Slimline Die set to cut the white mat that is behind the letters, then cut it in half lengthwise, before adhering it over the patterned paper.  The letters were die cut from cardstock that coordinated with the patterned paper, and glued down to the upper flap only... so that when you untie the ribbon, it opens up like:

This!  It's a pretty simple card, but a fun design to create.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Such a great design - you have inspired me to try out my own this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails