Thursday, March 28, 2019

New Ai Bible Journaling Sets

If you're a fan of the Art Impressions line of Bible Journaling stamp sets, today is your lucky day!  I am helping to launch the five new sets for 2019 by sharing 3 projects made with 5130 - On The Sparrow Set.  I wanted to show how you can use these sets for so much more than journaling - so I have two cards and a bookmark to share:

When I first saw the On The Sparrow set, I immediately thought of using it for a Try-fold card (Art Impressions style!) so I played around with the stamps to create a Try-fold card in a size that worked with the images.  I'm using a smooth watercolour paper that scored well and doesn't create a bulky card when it's layered three times.  It measures 10 1/4" x 5 1/4" and is scored 3 3/8" in from each side.
 I used three of the lovely script sentiments that come with the set, putting a different one on each layer, because they worked so well together.
 And finally the card opened up:
 I created a simple card using one of the bird/branch images, along with the nest and the fourth sentiment "Sing".  *I'll list the colours I've used on all the projects at the bottom of my post.

I've used Tombow Dual Brush markers, starting by colouring the birds/branches with 969 Chocolate, then softening the lines with a damp brush.  I used N57 Warm Grey for the robins, scribbling the marker onto my palette, and picking up the colour with my paintbrush, layering a few times to build up the darker shades.  Their red breasts are 856, and I used the 993 marker directly on the paper to add a bit of colour to the beaks and feet.  I used the medium leafy sprig from 4867 WC Foliage Set 2 New to stamp the leaves in 177 Dark Jade, stamping multiple times without reinking to get both light & dark foliage.  I added a touch of robin's egg blue to the eggs in the nest, colouring directly with my 451 marker.  And finally, I watered down 565 Deep Blue to paint a blue wash suggesting the sky.

Head on over to the Art Impressions blog to see what the rest of the Guest Designers are sharing today!  And Happy Stamping!


2 comments:

Allie said...

These are so soft and beautiful, perfect for spring :)

Dot J Freel said...

Love your cards. Pretty colors and designs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails