Friday, January 11, 2019

A Sketchy Saturday Valentine

I am using Laurel's Sketchy Saturday sketch for a valentine card today.  I just bought this 1canoe2 plaid paper at The Crafter's Workshop... and I'm a little obsessed with it.  I wasn't thrilled with the card I made with it yesterday - but this one I really like.
 For the little strip down the middle... I was searching through my stash, trying to locate my vellum, and came across this 12x12 sheet of rust coloured mesh?  I only vaguely remember getting it, and had never cut into it!  It fit perfectly with the vibe that I wanted for this.  I used my Cricut to cut a heart from the metallic rose gold paper, and die cut the word from some older paper.  I used my stapler to attach the mesh strip .
 I'm trying to get better at staging my photos this year... improving the lighting, and trying a few new angles.  Here's my attempt at a flat lay shot, too:
Laurel will have a new sketch up again tomorrow, I'm sure, but for now, I'm happy to have my first valentine ready to go.

2 comments:

Allie said...

This card is awesome! And the papers really are great. That mesh fits in perfectly. Nice flatlay ;)

Laurel said...

This is so pretty! I love that glimmery heart! Thanks for playing Karen!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails