Saturday, December 28, 2013

Gordon Golfer

Hello and a belated Merry Christmas to everyone!  My posting was cut off a little early before Christmas last week, when we had 2 ice storms sweep through Toronto... and after the second one hit, we lost power for 52 hours!  Luckily the weather hovered just below freezing for the first couple of days, and just when it was diving to -18 (celsuis!) our power came back on in the wee hours of Christmas Eve.  It was an interesting few days trying to stay warm, and accomplish as much of the pre-Christmas hustle as we could without electricity.  Thank goodness for our gas fireplace, that kept the house in the 50's and low 60's.  We were the fortunate ones that were only without power for 2 days, there are still 50,000+ people without power - and this is 7 days later.  Scroll down to the bottom of my post, and you'll see a couple of ice storm photos.
     Meanwhile... I have a brother-in-law with a birthday in early January, and he is a big golfer, so I've pulled out the Gordon Golfer set (sku#4325) from Art Impressions to make him a card:
And here is a close up of Gordon:

And here is what my weeping mulberry looked like with over an inch of ice... and a sunset shot of the pink sky reflected in the icy tree branches:


 
Patterned papers are Carte Postale, Basic Grey; Cardstock is Chocolate & Colonial White, CTMH; Ink is Tuxedo Black, Memento; Baker's Twine, The Twinery; Copic Markers.
 

2 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

I can't believe how bad your storm was. I'm glad you're okay and your losses were minimal. I know how frustrating it is to be without power though. I love your card. Gordon is one of my favorite stamps! I'm sure you've figured out by now that I love making masculine cards! Great job with him! I love those little socks and shoes. Hope you have a wonderful New Year's.

Nancy Ball said...

Just a great card. I cannot imagine losing power for that long...glad you had your fireplace to rely on. I hope you have a Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails