Friday, May 31, 2024

Wax Seals

 Have you tried them?  They're pretty addicting once you start... (and then you want all the seals!!)  I've been wanting to try them with pressed flowers, and a plain circular seal... so I scoured my neighbourhood for tiny flowers, and pressed them in a dictionary for 3 weeks!  Scroll down and you'll see my efforts at the end.

These ones were with vellum and clear wax - that are virtually identical.  They're actually a little 'brighter' than this is reality, as the woodgrain is showing through the seals.  You can see my fail there on the right!  I was trying to add gold leaf flecks, which were very difficult to handle, and caused the wax to cool before I could press the seal on it.
Pretty happy with this group - I love the teal, especially done as a two-tone seal with the lime.  The two daisies were a purchased set of pressed flowers that my niece gifted me - and they turned out perfectly!  The dark grey wax was lumpy, and not easy to use... another fail.

Happy with these ones also!  Two shades of pink, some marbled, and finally done marbled with white.  This is where I started experimenting with Distress Glitter - and it worked really well.  I learned that less is more!

Finally, I ended my afternoon with the gold wax, and I knew it wouldn't look amazing with the flowers, so I mainly did regular seals.  I tried my gold paint pen with the vellum seals, but need to work on my technique a little more.
Here are my favourites!  The hydrangea blossoms are gorgeous - I still have the plant, so will definitely press more.  Below are shots of the flowers I pressed - the hardest part is arranging the fresh blooms so that the will press open - harder than it sounds.



You can get all your wax seal supplies at the Papercrafter's Workshop!








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails