Thursday, March 14, 2024

Quick Easter cards

 I have always been a patterned paper fan, and Art Impressions has some of the prettiest paper packs around - today I am using 5742 - Easter PP along with the sweet bunny outline die from 5869 - Easter Bunny Puppet Set.

Since I wanted the papers to shine, I just used the die from the puppet set, starting out with a shaker card. 

 I cut the bunny out of the oval die cut (5065 Oval Double Stitched Dies), as well as the background paper, where I inlaid the gingham bunny - this isn't a necessary step, but I wanted the base to be as flat as possible, giving my shaker elements lots of room to move.  I glued on a piece of acetate, and rimmed the bunny with some thicker 3D foam adhesive, I placed the shaker bits on top of the bunny and attached the oval overtop.

I didn't have any white pompoms on hand, so I dug out some soft white yarn, and created my own by wrapping the yarn around a pencil, then trimming it down a bit.  They are the softest, scruffiest little bunny tails!  I really love how they turned out.




I was loving the bunny shapes so much, that I made a coordinating card with all three of my patterned papers, using my sewing machine to add some zigzag stitching, and of course... more bunny tails.


I also whipped up a quick placecard, as I thought he'd make some pretty cute Easter table decor!


The sentiments are both from the newly released 5867 - Mini Easter Sentiment Set.  



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails