Thursday, August 3, 2023

Beach Cabin

I've used the new 5749 - SF Beach Cabin stamp for the Watercolour Weekend post on the Art Impressions blog, in a slightly different way today:

I wanted to do a horizontal scene with this stamp, instead of the up and down layout of it.  I began by colouring only the chair/umbrella/pots with my Tombow #969/565 and stamped it onto my Canson XL Watercolour paper.  Then I coloured up just the beach cabin, and positioned it slightly to the right of the chair.  With a pencil, I sketched in where the horizon would be, and added a mountain in the distance.  I used the 5120 - WC Palm Tree Set, with a combination of #126/346 on the different palm fronds to create several palm trees and some foliage in the foreground.  I used two of the stamps from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set in #856 and #565 to add flowers to the pots and scattered around on the sand.  The chair was painted in #533, and the house and umbrella were done with #993, 933 and 856.  

A wash of #947 created the sand, #443/565 created the tropical water, and #493 was added to the sky.  Tones of #977/947 were painted on the mountain and tree trunk, with shading using #565.  Both my scene and the blue mat were cut out with the 5063 - Rectangle A2 Double Stitched Dies, and my scene was attached to the base with some 3D foam adhesive.

Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Tricia and Diane have to share!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails