Thursday, July 13, 2023

An Ai Cafe

I decided to paint a little Cafe scene for this week's Watercolour Weekend post on the Art Impressions blog.  This is the 5260 - WC Large ShopsSet:

I coloured my Shop with Tombows #969/565 and stamped it onto my Canson XL Watercolour Paper.  To set up my scene, I masked the edge of the building, and stamped the tree trunks from 5373 - WC Large Tree Set in #969, and added the foliage to it using the leafy stamp from 5372 - WC Mini Foliage in #177/126 - I like using two colours to make the leaves look more realistic.  I used a damp brush to soften the foliage, and painted in the trunks in #947 and 969, and added the same two colours to the door.  I used #526 for the building, and #993 on the roof, with a few streaks of #947 to suggest the shingles.  For the flower boxes, I used the two tiny florals in 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set, with #933 and #885, then tucked in the tiny foliage from the set in #126 around the flowers - everything was touched with a damp brush.  The awning was painted a paler shade of #526, and I added stripes in the Bleed-proof white paint.  The sign also had touches of #947 streaked on it to add a rustic look.

I sketched in the patio and walkway stones, then painted them in with #N55.  The tiny grass stamp from 5372 - WC Mini Foliage was used to add grass in #126 around the building, and then the colour was used to add a green wash as the grass.  #493 was washed in as the sky.  The Espresso sign and the table and chairs from 5265 - WC Wrought Iron Set were stamped in using #N55.  The image was cut out with one of the 5063 - Stitched A2 Rectangle Dies, then mounted onto the card base with 3D foam adhesive.

Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday, to see what Tricia & Diane have created.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails