Thursday, December 1, 2022

A Red Barn Christmas

 I am using the 5567 - Victorian House and Barn Set from Art Impressions to create a snowy Christmas card today.

The barn and fence are all one image, that I inked up in Tombow #969/565 and stamped onto my Bristol Smooth cardstock.  I love using this bright white paper for snowy scenes!  I masked off the barn, and added the two trees from 5060 - WC Snowman Set on either side.  After softening the lines with a damp paintbrush, I painted the barn with #837, then drew in the barn boards with my Marvy 28 English Red pen.  I used #969 to paint the door frame, to add woodgrain to the fence, as well as to paint my wooden star on the barn.  Using the tiny foliage stamp from 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set, I stamped it in a circle in #249 to create the wreath on the fence, and then painted it on the underside of the snowy branches to show bits of the fir trees.  I used #565 to paint in the sky, add shadows to the windows, eaves and snow - being sure to create a pathway to the barn, and add shadows around the fence.  I drew in the bow with my red Twintone marker, and added Bleedproof white paint to the snowbanks, and to create snowflakes.

The sentiment is from 5566 - Christmas Sentiments Set (this set works on EVERY Christmas card!).  I hope you'll check out the Art Impressions blog this Saturday to see what Dot & Tricia have to share for the Watercolour Weekend post.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails