Thursday, October 13, 2022

Peace on Earth

 I have a wintry slimline card today, for the upcoming Watercolour Weekend post on the Art Impressions blog, which you could easily recreate with just a few stamp sets.

I cut out several hillside shapes from scrap paper and used them as masks to do some ink blending.  For the top layer, I used yellow and orange inks to blend a setting sun, and then used a lilac and a blue ink to do the sky around it.  With the second mask in place, I coloured the two houses from 5370 - WC Village Set in N55, and used my stamp positioner to make them look like they are 'just over the hill', then softly blended ink to hilight the hill edges, and did the same for the bottom hill.  I used the trees from 5010 - WC Tree Set 1, 5372 - WC Mini Foliage and 4960 - WC Fir Trees Set in #177/249, and stamped them with masks in place, to appear over the hills.  I used the tree top from the Fir Trees Set to stamp the large foreground tree, and added a trunk and shadow under it.  I added snow to the house roofs and painted them in using #969/856.  The deer from 5427 - WC Silhouette Deer where stamped in #N25, and the sentiment from 5566 Christmas Sentiments was stamped in black ink and decorated with a few tiny sparkles.  The panel was cut with 5463 Slimline Dies and mounted on a dark green panel with 3D foam adhesive. 

My inspiration for today's card came from a beautiful card made by Karen Orme - I loved her design, and wanted to recreate it using Ai supplies!  Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Tricia & Dot have to share.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails