Thursday, May 12, 2022

New Ai Simple Scene

Time for another Watercolour Weekend on the Art Impressions blog.  

Today I was inspired by all of the beautiful canyons in photos I've seen of Utah, where the rivers run through the striking scenery.  Here is the new 5525 - WC SW Simple Scene:

I stamped all of my images in N57 (Warm Grey 5) onto my Canson XL Watercolor paper.  Starting with the simple scene, and then using my Stamp Positioner, I added a mountain from 5198 - WC Mountain Set, the cacti from 5520 - WC SW Village and 5196 - WC Desert Set, then added rocks to the foreground from 5414 - WC Small Rocks Set.  I added layers of colour to the rocks and ground using #947/992/969, and added shadows using #569/565.  The sky and water were painted with #493, and the river was shaded with #565.  I used #098/126/565 on the cacti, and finally added touches of #493 and a little #703 to brighten things up a little.  The sentiment is from 5136 - WC Sentiment Set 2.  I used the 5062 Rounded Rectangle dies, and mounted it to my base with some 3D foam adhesive, and added a few sparkly jems.

Be sure to check out the Ai blog this Saturday to see what Dot & Tricia have to share for the Watercolour Weekend.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails