Thursday, June 2, 2022

Ai Animal Planters

  Hope you're enjoying seeing projects with some of the new Art Impressions Watercolour sets!  I couldn't resist doing another card with the sweet 5521 - WC Animal Planters Set:

I coloured my image with Tombow Dual Brush Markers in #565/969, and stamped it on Canson XL Watercolour paper.  I added layers of #993 to the pot, and started with #992/969 on the bear, starting soft and building layers of colour, keeping the darker shades where the shadows are.  While masking the pot, I added two of the tulips from 5475 - WC Flower Set 6 in #177/703, and the smaller sprigs from the set in #553/158.  I added the small foliage stamps from 5474 - WC Flower Set 5 in #076/177 spilling over the edges of the container.  After lightly touching the bouquet with a damp brush, I filled in some spaces, using the markers directly on the paper, and then added shadows to my painting with #565.  The bow was painted in shades of #703.  To finish it off, I cut out my image with 5061 - Square Double Stitched Dies, and mounted it to my base with 3D foam adhesive.


Be sure to check out the Ai blog on Saturday to see what Dot & Tricia have created!




1 comment:

Allie said...

So sweet - love your container!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails