Thursday, May 20, 2021

Critter Cubbies!

 This is the cutest line of stamp & die sets that Art Impressions has out right now - Critter Cubbies!  I have a couple of little nephews in my family to make cards for, so I pulled out 5226 - Bus Cubbies to make a card to accompany a little gift I was sending:

This was so fun & easy to do!  I started by keeping the dies all together and die cutting the pieces out multiple times.  I put the negative die cut into my Misti, and lined up all the stamps in each space.  Then I filled in the negative with all my cut pieces, and was able to stamp enough for 3 cards quickly.  All of the pieces were coloured with Copic markers.

After colouring, I was able to adhere the animals, having them peek out different windows, and I adhered the bus to my card base with 3D foam adhesive.  I made my own cloud stencil, and ink blended 4 different inks to create my sky, and added some green to the bottom of the card to suggest grass.  A strip of grey cardstock created my road, and I added some motion lines behind the bus.  The best part, is that you can open up the bus doors... and see the little koala waving at you :o)





1 comment:

Allie said...

This was just the sweetest card! The fun colours you chose were perfect to showcase these cute critters!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails