Thursday, March 4, 2021

Watercolor Weekend: Green

I will be on the Art Impressions blog on Saturday for their Watercolour Weekend post, and we've started to have themes.  I went CAS for my 'green' card this week! 

I began by taping a piece of Ranger Watercolor paper onto a board, and after masking off the top 2/3, I ink blended some Crushed Olive and Mowed Lawn Distress inks for my grass.  I switched the mask to the bottom 1/3, and blended Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean, keeping a white area just off-center. (This paper is a bright white, and kept my ink colours bright and clear!)
                           
I used the smaller bicycle from 5124 - WC Bicycle Set, coloured it with my #N45 Cool Grey 10 Tombow marker and used my Stamp Positioner to place it where the white 'halo' area was, making sure that it sat just above the grass line.  I used my damp brush to pull out the colour in all the metal bars, then picked up #N25 Lamp Black and painted in the wheels and seat.  I added #856 Chinese Red to the handlebars and fenders.  With the small leafy green from 5074 - Bible Flower Set, I masked off the basket, then stamped it repeatedly in #177 Dark Jade.  I used the same #177 and the grass from 5372 - WC Mini Foliage Set to stamp grass around the tires.  A touch of #565 Deep Blue added shadows to the white basket, and on the bike.
I used the green and black ink on my palette to spatter some ink on my scene, then stamped the sentiment from the Exclusive Daisies Set and die cut it with a decorative rectangle die.  The scene is adhered to my white card base with 3D foam adhesive.

1 comment:

Allie said...

This scene looks so good and is a good reminder that spring is coming!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails