Thursday, August 13, 2020

Slimline Hobbit Door card

Hello Ai Watercolor fans! 
Slimline style cards have been all the rage recently, and I've been thinking how perfect all of the Art Impressions Bible Journaling stamp sets are for this long and skinny shape!
I started by diecutting my Bristol Smooth cardstock using this lacy, slimline die, and then began planning my card. The image from 5015 - WC Hobbit Door Set was coloured with my Tombow Dual Brush Marker #565 Deep Blue, with #969 Chocolate overtop, and then stamped about 1/3 of the way down my panel. Using my Stamp Positioner, I used the stepping stone image from 5131 - Stone Path Set, also coloured in #565/969, and stamped it to create a long winding path up to the door. The small mailbox from the Hobbit Door Set was given the same treatment. With a damp #4 paintbrush, I pulled out the grey/brown colour from the images, concentrating the colour in the shadowy areas of the stones and doorway. After scribbling #126 Light Olive onto my palette, I painted the light green as a wash of colour to suggest the grass and a hillside over the door. Using the small grass from 5073 - Bible Foliage Set, coloured with #158 Dark Olive, I stamped the grass repeatedly in and around the stones, around the door, and across the top to define the hill. Some extra greenery was added around the door, and I concentrated the darker green here to frame the doorway. #565 was used to paint in the door, layering it near the top where the shadows are, and also on the mailbox.
I repeated the blue shade by stamping the tiny dotted flowers in 5074 - Bible Flower Set along the path and beside the door. One of the longer stems from the Floral set was coloured with #158 as the foliage, and the blooms in #636 Imperial Purple - sporadically stamped along the stone path. #856 Chinese Red was added to the door hardware, and as the flag on the mailbox. The sky was painted in with #493 Reflex Blue. After softening everything with my damp brush, I added touches of #565 to add greater shadows to the stones. The sentiment is from 5136 - WC Sentiment Set 2. I adhered my panel to my blue base with 3D foam adhesive to finish it off.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Such a gorgeous and very sweet slimline. Love your scene!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails