A6 Moderne Flowers, and a bunch of the outlined leaves from the A6 Leaves set on a large piece of watercolour paper. My intention was to paint them all in autumn shades, fussy cut them out, and put them together to make a wreath. But there was something about seeing 25 or so of the flower images side by side that made me think "hydrangea". So my plan did a complete about take, I found a blue that I painted them all with, and got busy cutting.
I ran a couple of rows of irregular stitching around my white cardstock piece, and then started building my flower from the bottom up. I used a bit of adhesive just on the center of each flower back, so that the petals all curve up a little, giving a lovely bit of added dimension shown below:
By far the scariest part of putting this card together was adding those little blue spatters to the background - after all the work of stamping/painting/cutting/assembling, I was panicked that I might drop a big blob of paint onto my work! So it was definitely a less is more situation, and I stopped after getting just enough spatters to cover it. I white embossed my sentiment onto black cardstock and adhered it with a few pop dots, and called it a day. Happy stamping!
SO beautiful!! Love that you assembled all of those little flowers into a beautiful hydrangea! (I do miss those so much)... awesome dimension! Thanks so much for stopping at my place too!
This really is a beautiful card! I love how you created a hydrangea, it is stunning. Beautiful job!
Post a Comment