My second project with the May Betterpress Society plate, Brighten Foliage is done in monochromatic shades of blue.
I had just recently purchase the new colours of Concord & 9th ink/cardstock, so I chose the Bluebell cardstock as my base, and pressed the leafy frame in Bluebell ink. *The C9 cardstock is fairly thick, so I got some really great texture from the press! Before I removed the frame plate, I placed the Hello plate on top of it to determine placement - then counted the grid squares on my Betterpress chase so that when I removed the frame plate, I counted and knew exactly where to place the Hello plate.
Hello was inked up in Capri ink. I wanted a little more contrast around the edges of my panel, so used both shades of ink to blend softly around the outside. I used both colours of cardstock to die cut a bunch of small flowers that I adhered around the hello, and added some silver gems to the centers.
No comments:
Post a Comment