Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dynamic Duos #32

It's monochromatic week at Dynamic Duos!  Our colours are Pretty in Pink and Rose Red, so I have chosen CTMH's Hollyhock and Blush with a few touches of black thrown in.  I have had major computer issues this week, with our desktop crashing... and it could be another week or so before it is back, so I apologize for the poor quality of my photo taken with my husband's cell phone!  Once I'm back up and running, I'll edit the post with a decent photo :o)  I really love this Eiffel Tower image, and all the delicate images that came with it in the La Belle Vie workshop on the go, so I was excited to use it for this week's challenge:
I cut out the Eiffel Tower, the library card and the Magnifique die cuts with the Cricut Artiste cartridge and then stamped them with their coordinating stamps in black ink. Then I used Copic markers to shade the Magnifique banner in both of the pink shades of our challenge.  Both the tower and banner are popped up on pop dots, and I added some bling to the scallop and the top of the tower.  A very different card for me, but I love it!  I have used this week's Mojo Monday sketch.
     We hope you'll join us over at Dynamic Duos this week, we ask that you use just the two colours from the challenge, but adding neutrals like black, kraft, skin tones etc. is allowed.  Head on over to the DD blog to see what the design team has come up with this week, or you can see all of their links on my sidebar.
Cardstock is Hollyhock, Blush, Black and White Daisy; Stamp sets are Jardin, La Belle Vie, and Approved; Ink is Black; Baker's Twine and Sparkles; Cricut Artiste Cartridge - all CTMH; Copic Markers; Tilda Swirl die.

10 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Very nice card, Karen. I think I might have to play along!

Haley D. said...

Gorgeous card Karen!

Maureen said...

Love how this card turned out!

Unknown said...

Wow, Karen-love, love, love this card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oooh, la, la Karen! This is very chic and a wonderful way to showcase the color combo. I love the spots of sparkle, especially at the top of the EIffel Tower. Love it! :)

Amy White said...

Fabulously chic card Karen! Love the swirl die in the background, and the rhinestones and bakers twine are wonderful touches!

Erna Logtenberg said...

love, love, love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is adorable. I love the Paris theme! You've added so many perfect little details, and it adds up to beautiful. Nice job! ;-)

Tracey McNeely said...

Karen this card is so beautiful, love the Eiffel. I see you are in Richmon Hill, I am in Oshawa!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is my fave card from this week, love the die cut in the BG and all your elements work perfectly together!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails